Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 Fashion Show

Hey everyone!

Taken from Vogue.com 
So I watched the Louis Vuitton Spring 2013 Fashion Show and I must say, I'm in love!  I felt like I was being transported back to the 1960s with this very Mod looking collection.  The bold, bright, geometric prints seem very Twiggy era to me which was done perfectly.  To me, when a designer does big prints like this with the Mod feel it is a hard line to walk between being innovative and costume-y.

The color palette for this collection is spot on.  Yellow, Tan, with a range of grey scale really makes the checkered pattern pop.  Speaking of the checkered print, this print really reminds me of the Damier prints that Louis Vuitton used before that I really liked.  But checkered print isn't the only pattern gracing the beautiful models in the show.  Solid Flower prints made an appearance on some outfits like this black x white checker printed suit with big yellow flowers.
Taken from  fashionologie.com

The flowers looked like they took giant flowers, dipped them in yellow paint and just pressed them on to the pieces.  This same looks is also seen in the bags the models are carrying.

Oh yes friends let us not forget these gorgeous bags!  Now these handbags are smaller than I would normally carry (I'm a carry your life in a bag kind of girl hehe) but they are so adorable I want them anyway.  There was a square black clutch I saw during the show that I really want but for the life of me I can't find a good picture of it, so I went back to watch the show again and got a screen shot of the bag. If you want to watch the show for yourself and see the beautiful runway just click this link.

This is the clutch I want.  It is so different and just me.  I don't want to guess what the material was that was used for this bag but I can only imagine that this bag made with the highest quality.



So at the end of the show and the models are walking back towards the escalators, an an excerpt from a poem can be heard.  The poem, I have come to find out, is called "Lovers on a Park Bench" by Samuel L Johnson.  Here is just a bit of the poem that was said during the show:

       "Finally she spoke. “Do you love me, John?” she asked. “You know I love you, darling,” he replied. “I love you more than tongue can tell. You are the light of my life, my sun, moon and stars. You are my everything. Without you I have no reason for being.”"

As this part is read the ceiling in room begins to twinkle with stars and it just makes this so romantic.  I love this show, it was theatrical but not over done.  What did you think?

~D


PS if you want to listen to the whole poem click this link for the audio of "Lovers on a Park Bench" by Samuel L. Johnson.
















No comments:

Post a Comment